When you look in the mirror you can see that your posture and your body expression is saying something, for example when you see shoulders curled in protecting the heart or shoulders pulled back like one is ready for whatever is to come. I personally have lived both these body realties, both have served me, both have limited me and both have created tension in my body.
But when I ask the question, “What is your body saying?” What I really mean is, what sound and frequency is the tension revealing to you and what sound can you let out to release this tension pattern so you feel more free in your body?
Releasing your tension patterns can help you have freer and more authentic body language.
There is a lot of information out there on how to hold your hands to “look” confident or how to stand to hold someone’s attention. But what if releasing tension patterns in the body through being present and listening to your body could actually assist you in being present and listening to the person or group you are communicating with.
What if this authentic presence is all that is required to connect deeply with another?
So, What is your body saying?
How do you tune into the sound your body tension is saying?
- The first step is to be aware of the tension.
- The second step is to tune in, give it attention and feel it.
- Thirdly, open your mouth and invite the tension to have a voice through a groan.
- Now once the groaning feels complete listen
- Finally, voice the sound that comes after the listening, (the tone, the chant or word)
- Do this again and again until the tension feels lighter
- Remember, to do this with allowance with out any judgement of your body or the sound that comes out.
I love doing this practice! Sometimes I am quiet surprised by the sound that comes out. Sometimes it is way different then the sound I thought the tension sounded like. I am thrilled by the awareness that unfolds and the tenderness that unfolds from treating my body with such presence.
I would love to hear some feed back about how this practice contributed to you.
In light and love